HP Envy Pro 6475 Troubleshooting
The HP Envy Pro 6475 printer can face issues at any point. So, we have created a step-by-step process to complete troubleshooting and continue to utilize the printer to its full potential. Some of the common issues that could occur from time to time are
- Paper Mismatch Error
- Scan Quality
- Printer not printing
- Connection Error
HP Envy Pro 6475 printer is offline error
- Complete the below checks to remove the alert stating that the printer is offline
- First, begin by restarting the printer.
- While the printer is powered, remove the power cable.
- Turn it back on after a few seconds.
- Make sure the printer and the device are connected to an active network and the same one as well.
- Now, see if the status is removed.
- If now, move over to the device, click on the printer, and choose the option use printer.
- This should allow the device to indicate that the printer is still in use.
- These issues should be removed and the printer should begin functioning again.
HP Envy Pro 6475 printer driver is unavailable
Follow the instructions to complete the issue of the HP Envy Pro 6475 printer driver unavailable.
- Switch off the printer. Turn it back on after a few minutes.
- Restart the wireless connection router and turn it back on again.
- Now, reconnect the printer to the wireless network connection once again.
- Click in the wireless button and the WPS button on the router and allow the connection to establish.
- –Complete the wireless connection as instructed.
- If the printer remains to have an issue, open the Service app and locate Printer Spooler, right-click on it.
- Then change the start-up type to Automatic.
- These steps should allow the printer to begin functioning effectively again.
HP Envy Pro 6475 Easy Start Software Installation fails
- Make sure that the printer is in good condition.
- The Wi-Fi router should also be in a properly functioning condition.
- The Mac device should be updated with the latest OS.
- Power up the printer and ensure that it is connected to the wireless network.
- Move over to the Mac device and check the details of the wireless network.
- Begin the download and installation of the software.
- Make sure the connection is stable, the device is updated and all VPNs are turned off.
HP Envy Pro 6475 Network Installation Error
Start by switching off the Windows device. Do the same for the HP printer as well.
- If any cables are connected between the printer and the device, remove them.
- Wait for a while, and then power up the Windows and the HP Envy Pro 6475 printer.
- Turn off the WiFi router and do the same.
- Now, uninstall the existing driver and remove the HP Envy Pro 6475 printer from the device.
- Complete the complete download of the installation of the printer driver after establishing a wireless connection.
- The changes should help the printer to start working again.
HP Envy Pro 6475 printer not found during the driver setup
- Turn on the HP Envy Pro 6475 printer and the device. Ensure that the printer and the device are connected to the same network.
- Now, on the device open the HP Support website.
- Here, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor for windows.
- After the download is complete, install the driver.
- The installation of the driver should be done by following the on-screen instructions.
- The driver will assist in rectifying the issue. Follow the instructions and complete the process by looking at eh instructions.
- The diagnosis run will remove the issues.
- The printer should be free to function.
- Power up the HP Envy Pro 6475 printer and turn on the Mac device as well.
- Move over to the Mac device, and download the HP Easy Start.
- This will help in the removal of the errors that the printer might face.
- The driver should be installed and the instructions to be followed.
- Enter the details wherever necessary and the issues will be rectified.
- With this, the printer should begin to function effectively without any issues.
Blue screen error on HP Envy Pro 6475
- Ensure the router’s firmware is updated.
- Key in IP-config to open the command prompt on the Windows device.
- Meanwhile, check the wireless connection. Restart the connection by turning off the router for a few seconds.
- Turn it back on and then check the connection.
- Move over to the printer and click on the restored network default option.
- Connect the printer to the wireless connection. The issue should be removed.
- The connection will be established in a few minutes.
How to change network settings on HP Envy Pro 6475
- Ensure that the HP Envy Pro 6475 printer and the Wi-Fi router are placed close.
- Power up the HP Envy Pro 6475 printer and ensure there is an active wireless connection the printer can connect to.
- Move over to the printer and enter the Restore Settings option.
- Once the original settings are made, complete the wireless connection.
If the above issue continues to prevail even after following the instructions, feel free to contact us to assist you in the process.