How to Fix Printer Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update?
Sometimes the HP printer might stop working after the Windows 10 update. However, you will be able to solve this printer problem easily and quickly. If you are experiencing this printer problem, then use the procedure given below and resolve it.
Method 1: Power cycle your HP printer
The procedure to power cycle your HP printer is:
- Deactivate the HP printer and remove the power cord from it.
- Now, wait for thirty seconds.
- Then, connect the power cord to the HP printer and wall port.
- Activate the printer and check whether it is working properly.
Method 2: Ensure your HP printer connections are proper
Firstly, move on to the HP printer and check the power cable connections. Ensure that all the power cable connections are proper. If the power cable has any problem, remove it. Then, get a new power cable and remove the coverings from it. After that, check and ensure that the power cable does not have any problem. Now, connect the power cable to the HP printer and wall outlet. Finally, activate the printer and check whether it is fully working.
Method 3: HP Printer driver update
The instructions to update the HP printer driver are:
- Download Driver Easy and extract its setup file on the computer.
- Finish the Driver Easy software installation and run it on the computer.
- Choose the option- Scan Now; the software will scan the computer and detect the driver problems.
- Now, choose the “Update All” option to download and install the latest version driver automatically.
- Once the driver updating process is over, restart the operating system.
- Finally, check whether the problem with the HP printer is fully resolved.
Method 4: Print Spooler Reset
The procedure to reset the print spooler is:
- Press the Windows key and R key on the computer.
- Enter the word- msc on the search bar and continue.
- Choose the Print Spooler option and right-click on it.
- Select the Stop option and then, press the Windows key + R key.
- Type- %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and continue.
- Choose- All the files and remove them to clear the print queues.
- Access the Services window and double-click on the Print Spooler option.
- Select the Start option and choose- Automatic in the Startup Type.
- Continue and finish the process.
Now, we believe that you understand how to resolve the printer stopped working problem after Windows 10 update. However, if you have any queries about any of the methods given above, call us.