How do I change the wireless network on my HP printer?The HP printer can be connected to the wireless network using various connectivity options. To assist in the process of connecting the printer to the wifi, the instructions have been added below for further assistance. If you feel like you will need further one-on-one assistance, you have the option of contacting us to provide guidance in connecting the HP printer to a wireless network.
Wireless protected setup
- Power up the HP printer and allow it to remain idle for a few minutes.
- Note that there should be an active wireless connection for the printer to connect to.
- Move over to the printer and choose the wireless settings icon.
- Choose the wireless protected setup option and proceed further.
- A list of all the available wireless connections will be available on the printer.
- Proceed to choose the desired wireless connection on the printer.
- Enter the wireless connections credentials and proceed further.
- Give the final confirmation and click OK and the connection is complete.
Wireless protected setup – WPS push button
- Move over to the HP printer to locate the WPS push button.
- Click the wireless connection on the printer and choose the wireless protected setup.
- Following this, select the wireless connection – WPS push button.
- Now, move over to the wireless router to locate the WPS push button.
- Press and hold down the WPS push button on the wireless router.
- The WPS button should be pressed down at the same time.
- With this, the HP printer is connected to the wireless connection.
Wireless protected setup – WPS pin
- Use the WPS pin method to connect the HP printer and the wireless network.
- Move over to the HP printer and choose the wireless connection option.
- From the given menu, choose wireless protected setup and WPS pin.
- The WPS pin is a unique 8 digit code that is generated by the printer.
- The WPS pin should be entered into the router for the connection to be completed securely.
- With this, the printer will be connected to the wireless connection.