How to connect my HP Envy Pro 6458 printer with a USB cable?
One of the other ways to connect the HP Envy Pro 6458 printer to a wireless connection is by using a USB cable. To complete the connection using a USB cable, a few simple steps have to be followed to connect the HP Envy Pro 6458 printer to a network connection.
The instructions that are added below will be able to assist in the process. Make sure that all the steps are followed accurately to avoid any issues along the way of connecting the HP Envy Pro 6458 using a USB cable.
What are the must-haves for the HP Envy Pro 6458 printer?
It is important that the printer and the device are in proper working condition. Second, check if there is an active wireless connection. The wireless connection should be stable so that there are no disruptions along the way of connecting the HP Envy Pro 6458 printer to the device. Next, if the connection is stable, connect the printer to the device. For this, the wireless credentials need to be noted.
To connect the wireless connection to the device, choose the wireless option and click on the wifi icon on the device. Choose the desired network connection, enter the credentials, and complete the connection.
Note that the HP Envy Pro 6458 printer should be powered up and allowed to remain idle for a few minutes to make sure that the connection takes place effectively.
Finally, you will need to have access to a USB cable that is intact and working properly. Get a new USB cable, preferably.
Follow the steps to complete the connection between the HP Envy Pro 6458 printer and a device using a USB cable.
- Click the Windows key on the keyboard to gain access to the main menu.
- Select the Settings app from the list.
- When opening the Settings app, choose Device from the list.
- Following this, select Printers & Scanners.
- This will lead you to all the printers and devices that are connected to the Windows device.
- Following this, you will be redirected to the page that allows you to add printers and devices: Add Printer or Scanner.
Complete the connection
- Select Add Printer or Scanner from the menu.
- The Windows device will be able to detect the HP Envy Pro 6458 printer when the USB cable is connected.
- Select the HP Envy Pro 6458 and the connection will be established.
The same connection can be established during the installation process as well. When the installation wizard prompts for a connection, choose a USB cable connection and follow the instructions as given by the installation wizard.
If there is an issue with connecting the printer to a wireless connection through the device using a USB cable, you have the option of getting in touch with us. Feel free to contact us for further assistance in connecting the printer to the connection using a USB cable.