HP Envy 6020e Setup
The HP Envy 6020e printer needs a driver to be installed on your computer so the printer can work properly. Follow the below steps for HP Envy 6020e setup, Driver download, wireless setup, WPS setup, software installs, and HP Smart app set up on Windows/Mac computers.
Unboxing the HP Envy6020e
- Unbox the HP Envy6020e printer gently.
- Check whether the printer and the other components are not damaged.
- Slowly remove all the packaging material present inside the printer.
- Remove the blue protective tapes present on the printer.
- Uncover the tricolor and mono-color ink cartridges.
- Place the 123 HP Envy6020e printer on a flat surface.
- Take the provided power cord
- Check whether it is not damaged.
- Plug the power cord in the rear end of the 123 HP Envy6020e printer.
- Connect the other end to a wall socket.
- Switch on the power source.
- Press the power button on the Envy6020e printer.
HP Envy 6020e ink cartridge Installation
- Uncover the Black and Tri-color setup cartridges from the pack.
- Remove the orange piece of tape on the sides of the cartridge.
- Note: Do not touch the copper contact points.
- Lift up the entire Envy6020e scanner unit and wait for the carriage to center.
- Now, put the brand new HP Envy 6020e cartridge and slide it into the respective slots.
- Now just close up the front cover.
Load paper on HP Envy 6020e Printer
- On the rear-end side of the Envy 6020e printer, pull out the tray.
- Slide the printer paper width Guide as far as possible.
- Take a stack of paper and fan its edges position it in the tray.
- Position the paper width guide until it holds the paper edges without bending it.
- Slide back the tray and move on to HP Envy 6020e software installation.
HP Envy 6020e Driver
- Turn ON the HP Envy6020e printer.
- Now, Turn ON the Mac/Windows Computer.
- Open an internet browser and search 123.hp.com/envy6020e.
- Click the first link, enter the printer model number on the search box.
- Download the HP Envy 6020e driver software from the list.
- Double click on the download file and install the software based on the on-screen instructions.
- Now, connect the USB cable between the printer and computer.
- Add your HP Envy 6020e printer to the list.
- Complete the HP Envy 6020e setup process by taking a test print.
HP Smart App installation
- On your smartphone, visit the Play Store and download the HP Smart App.
- For your Windows computer, open any browser and search hpsmart.com/envy6020e.
- Follow the on-page guidance and complete HP Envy 6020e setup.
- The HP Smart App helps you to install the Envy 6020e printer software and driver by creating an HP account and registering your printer.
- Using the HP Smart app, you can easily connect the HP Envy6020e printer with the wireless network and check the amount of ink present in the printer.
HP Envy 6020e wireless setup
The HP Envy 6020e setup wireless by using various techniques. Follow the below methods to connect the HP Envy6020e to Wi-Fi.
Connect HP Envy 6020e Using HP Smart app:
- Download the HP Smart App from hpsmart.com/envy6020e.
- Follow the on-page guidance to complete the HP Envy 6020 setup.
- If your are using HP Smart for the first time, signup to HP Smart app.
- Now, press the wireless button on the printer for 5 seconds.
- Open the HP smart app and click plus symbol.
- Add the HP Envy6020e printer and start printing.
HP Envy 6020e WPS Setup
- In Windows, search for Printers and scanners and open.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and the Power button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the blue bar flashes.
- Click Show Wi-Fi Direct printers.
- Select your HP Envy 6020e printer.
- Click Add device.
- After the WPS PIN prompt displays on the windows computer.
- Enter the PIN within 60 to 90 seconds, and then click Next to complete the Wireless HP Envy 6020 setup.