HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer is not Printing (Windows & Mac)
There are times the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer will not function effectively because of a few underlying issues. When the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer faces issues, a few simple steps can be followed to resolve the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer is not printing issue.
Complete the below checks with the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer before making any changes.
Check the cables
- Check if the cable connecting the printer and the devices are intact.
- Make sure the power cord is set accurately.
- If there is a USB cable used, check if there is no damage to the cables.
Check the network
- Make sure there is an active wireless connection.
- The connection should be stable with no issues.
- Complete a speed test to ensure the internet connection is not the issue.
Check the device
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer and the device should be connected to the same wireless connection.
- Make sure the printer, the device, and the wireless router are all placed close together.
Check Default printer settings.
- Check if the printer is set up as the default printer. Changes can occur when additional devices are added.
- Open the Control Panel and choose Printers. Locate HP OfficeJet Pro 6978, right-click and select Set as Default Printer.
Set to automatic mode
- Check if the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer’s startup is automatic.
- Open the Services app and scroll down to the printer spooler.
- Right-click, choose Startup mode, and select Automatic.
Check the drivers
- The printer driver should be updated. The printer update has to be done at once if it is not.
- Check the device software as well. If there is an available update, make sure the software is updated at once.
Restart the printer
- While the printer is powered up, remove the power cord from the printer’s rear end.
- Next, remove the cord from the power supply and allow the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 to remain idle.
- After a few minutes, connect the power cord back to the printer and the power supply.
- It will turn back on by itself.
These are the steps that should be followed to ensure the issue with the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer, not printing, is resolved. If you have further issues with the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer, contact us for expert assistance.