HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup
- Unpack the HP Officejet Pro printer 6978 components, its accessories, and remove the tapes.
- Do check for an ample power supply to connect the printer with the wall socket.
- Follow the setup instructions of the printer.
- Connect the power cords with the respective cables to set up the printer.
- Now open the cartridge access doors to insert the cartridges.
- Carefully place the ink cartridges in their respective slots and close the access door.
- Make sure to load the paper tray with papers before printing.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup on Mac
- To begin the setup, power on the Mac device to connect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Make sure to download the proper software which is compatible with the Mac OS from the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 official HP website.
- Check for active Internet connectivity for the software to download and install.
- Run the wizard steps to complete the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver printer setup.
- Once the setup is complete, HP Officejet pro 6978 printer is ready to print, copy and scan files.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup on Windows
- Go to the Microsoft Store on the Windows device to connect the HP printer.
- Download the software compatible with the Windows OS from the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 official HP website.
- A stable internet connection is required for the software to download and install.
- Complete the installation by following the on-screen steps.
- Once it is done, HP Officejet pro 6978 printer is ready to print, copy and scan files.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Software
The software for the driver download of HP Officejet pro 6978 can be promptly downloaded from the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 official HP website by choosing the right model of the printer. Ensure that the OS is compatible with the device chosen for the printer setup. The other way is by downloading the HP Smart App and creating an account with it.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Wireless setup
- HP Officejet printer lets to connect to Wi-Fi automatically without any setup.
- Download the HP Smart app and create an account for the printer.
- Now connect the HP Officejet printer by adding it to the device or mobile phone.
- Make sure that the printer and the device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Key in the password of the Wi-Fi network on the printer.
- Wait for few minutes for the printer and the device to connect.
- Once connected, print a sample document to check the HP Officejet printer performance.
HP smart app installation for Officejet Pro 6978
- If you are setting up the HP smart app for the first time, download the Smart app on PC or mobile phone and create an account to sign in.
- Make sure if the proper driver software is already downloaded and installed.
- If not, download the adequate software from the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 official HP website or hpsmart.com/ojpro6978.
- Check for stable Wi-Fi network connections both on the device and printer.
- On the PC or mobile phones, search for the HP Officejet printer 6978 and add it to the PC.
- Now that the printer and device are connected and are ready to print.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless setup
- Verify that the router supports the WPS setup to connect the printer.
- Power on the HP Officejet Pro printer.
- On the backside of the printer locate the WPS button to connect.
- Push the WPS button on the printer and router to secure a connection.
- Continue by following the on-screen instructions to connect the WPS setup for the HP Officejet Pro printer.
- On acquiring connection through WPS setup, a light starts to blink on the printer.
HP printer Officejet Pro 6978 Wi-Fi Direct Setup
- Check if the power is turned on in the printer.
- On the control panel of the printer, switch on the wireless button to establish the wireless setup.
- Navigate through the wireless setting menu and turn on the button to establish the connection.
- Verify that the printer, as well as the PC, are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once prompted, enter the password of the Wi-Fi connection.
- Now that the connection is established on the printer, open the document to print from the PC or mobile phone.
- Ensure that the paper tray is loaded with papers.
- Check whether the Printer and Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the windows device, go to Printer & Scanner option from the settings menu.
- Click to add the HP Officejet Pro printer.
- Select the printer and go on to establish the connection.
- Now the system will prompt a PIN to connect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wi-Fi direct setup.
- Proceed to initiate the connection on the printer by entering the PIN prompted on the windows device.
- The Windows device and the printer are connected directly through the Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that the paper tray is loaded with papers.
- Open the Mac device and click on the Wireless icon to connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wi-Fi setup for Mac.
- Assure that the Printer and Mac are connected on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now select the printer to add the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer to the device list.
- If prompted, enter the password of the Wi-Fi network.
- Once the printer and device are connected in direct Wi-Fi, a blue light will blink to confirm the connection.
- Open the file to be printed and click print.