How do I fix the HP printer driver unavailable for Windows 11?
It is a common issue for the HP printer to face driver issues. And, with the new upgrade, there have been a few changes that have caused the printer driver to indicate that it is unavailable.
When there is an issue such as this, the HP printer will not function to perform the basic tasks, printing, scanning and copying. We have added a few simple steps to complete the HP printer driver unavailable for Windows 11.
When the HP printer driver is unavailable for Windows 11 can be solved in 3 simple steps.
- Install Windows update
- Reinstall the HP printer driver
- Check for damaged files
Follow the below steps systematically to remove the issue with the HP printer driver for Windows 11.
Step 1 – Install all Windows Update
If you have recently upgraded the Windows device to Windows 11, there could be minor issues causing the printer to face driver issues. The key here is to check if the device has any further updates and apply the changes.
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard and open the Settings app.
- Select Update & Security, which will redirect to another popup menu.
- Locate the “Check for Updates” option on the screen and click it.
- This will check if there are any updates available.
- If there is click Update, give the device a few minutes to complete the Update.
Complete the download and the installation of Windows. Then, give the device a few minutes to remain idle and reboot the device. This will allow any hidden issue to be removed.
Step 2 – Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver
Sometimes there could be issues with the printer drivers. Once it is removed and reinstalled, the printer will continue to function effectively. The current driver should be removed, and an updated driver should be loaded on the device.
Follow the steps to remove the HP printer driver from a device.
- Move over to the Windows device and open the Settings app.
- Choose Devices and under the given menu, choose Printers & Scanners.
- On clicking Printers & Scanners, a list of all the printers will show up on the screen.
- Select the HP printer and choose the option Remove device.
- Go back to the main menu of Settings and choose the Apps option.
- From the menu that appears, choose Apps & Features.
- Choose the printer driver, right-click and click Uninstall.
This will remove the HP printer driver from the device. Now, the printer driver has to be reinstalled back to the device.
Follow the instructions below to install the HP printer drive back on the Windows device.
- Open a suitable web browser and enter the details of the HP support website.
- Following this, enter the details of the HP Printer and choose the right operating system.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the operating system – Windows OS.
- Based on the details that have been added, a list of HP printer drivers will appear.
- Choose the all-in-one HP Smart app and download it.
- Complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Connect to a wireless connection, and with this, the printer installation of the HP printer driver is complete.
Step 3 – Check for damaged files.
Suppose some issues still prevail even after the above changes have been made. In that case, the final step to remove the issue is to check if any damaged files are causing the printer to indicate the HP printer driver is unavailable.
- Download the driver reimage and complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, open Reimage and click Yes to allow the driver to run a quick test.
- This will take a few minutes as Reimage will have to complete a full device scan.
- Once the scan has been completed, click START REPAIR.
- This will remove the issue from the device after the scan is completed.
If there are further issues with the printer driver, remove the issues with our assistance. If you wish to have guided assistance, contact us. Our team of experts will help solve the issues.