Troubleshooting HP printer
Troubleshooting HP printer – Windows 10
We have listed a step by step process to assist you in the process of removing the printer issue. Complete the below checks to make sure all precautionary measures have been taken before proceeding to make major changes with the HP Printer.
- Check if all the cables connecting the printer and the device are intact. If the printer and the device are connected with the USB cables, then make sure the USB cable is in proper working condition. Note that there should be no damage caused to the USB cable.
- Make sure there is an active wireless connection. The wifi connection should be stable and it should function at the required speed. The wireless router should also be compatible with the HP printer. If there is an issue with it an alternate wireless network should be used.
- Power cycle the printer – Follow these steps to complete the power cycle. First, turn off the printer. Then remove the power cord from the printer and then from the power socket. Allow the printer to be turned off for about 30 seconds. Connect the power cord back and turn the printer back on.
- Check the printer driver for updates. Another reason that could be causing the printer not to function is an outdated driver. To remove this issue, the printer driver should be updated. For this, follow the given instructions to update the printer driver. Open the Device Manager, locate the HP printer, right-click and select Update.
- Complete the same check for the device as well. Make sure the device the HP printer is connected to is updated to avoid any further issues with the printer.
Troubleshooting HP printer – Mac
We have listed a series of guidelines that should be followed to remove the issue of the HP printer that is connected to a Mac device.
- Check the internet connection –
- Make sure there is an active wireless connection for the printer and the device to connect to.
- If there are fluctuations in the wireless connection, then there is a possibility the printer will not work effectively.
- Restart the wifi router if needed to remove the issue from the connection.
- Check the status of the printer – the printer should indicate that it is in a ready state to take printers and function normally.
- Turn on the printer and load paper in the paper feeding tray.
- Check if the ink cartridges are with sufficient ink.
- Restart the printer and wait for it to come back to the printing state.
- Start the HP printer.
- To do this, pull out the HP printer power cord while the printer is still turned on.
- First, remove the cord from the printers end and then from the wall socket.
- Allow the printer to remain idle for a few minutes. Connect the printer power cord back to the printer and then to the power cord.
- It will automatically power up.
- Update the printer driver and the Mac software.
- The HP printer driver should always be updated with the latest updates. To check if there is an update available open the Device Manager through the Service app and right-click on the printer.
- Complete the same check for the Mac device as well. If there is an available software update, complete it at once.
These are the steps that should be followed to troubleshoot a Mac device.